Monday, November 23, 2009

Winners, Elf photo hats and tutorial ;)


Hi
If you like the idea of baby Elf hats - please visit my other blog

Elf Photo

I had some new designs prepared for you ;) with each purchase you will get 30% discount coupon to my A5D Store ;)




some can say they can't wait till Christmas. I say "I love waiting for it!" The preparation, snow, Christmas tree, presents, togetherness this is what I am waiting for. Time of joy.
And I enjoy it, far away from my family, standing one leg in America one leg in Europa.
If i can - I go to visit my mom, this year I can't.
I meet way to many people saying that being far away form your country on Christmas time is sad and you don't celebrate.
But why ? We can enjoy alternative Christmas trees ;) We can make beautiful diner, we can make the presents if we can't afford them. Christmas is a magical time.
I need to be happy with what I have, if I am not happy today - what makes me think I will be tomorrow? I don't search for life that will make me happy,
I make my life a happy life ;)

I know how it it when having a Christmas tree is not an option ;)
but I always was able to create beautiful and cozy environment
so that this day would feel special to me

I love angels ...
I would like to share with you an idea of making yourself an alternative Christmas tree

I Called it
Snow Angel Project


You would need a photo of your choice a small stick, twig or branch

some ribbon or string few ornaments and a piece of paper


Attached about 2 - 3 ornaments ( I used an crochet angel and star) to the wooden stick
make it different level



form the paper cut the circle like on the image bellow
and use a glue to attache the photo


you can hang it practically everywhere: over the door, on window, wall
Sit back have a warm cup of whatever you like ;) and enjoy it ;)


If you like my angels you can
BUY it HERE
it Costs 12 $ per set (Twig, angel, star, ribbon, photo frame) worldwide shipping included
I have 3 sets available
all money will go to my beloved NO- KILL animal shelter
where me cat is from ;)
North Shore Animal Shelter


Since in my last kit most of the elements have water or ice reflection
and some of you asked me about tutorial
how to achieve such an effect
I prepared one for you ;)

Water reflection
PS
CS2




1.Open the element you would like to reflect


2. Copy it and go to Edit, Transform, Flip Vertical

3. Once you flipped it move it down (look at the image layer 1 copy), change it's opacity to 21% and change the layer order so that the reflection (layer1 copy) was under the layer 1

4. use round soft brush eraser opacity around 70% erase the bottom part of the refection

hope you enjoy my tutorial

Last part for today is to pick lucky winners !! ;)
i picked

mop1727
rags
aiko


please e mail me and I will send you 6.99$ coupons to my store !;)



by Thinkblue

by Baja

by Magda-lena

by Trzyludki

by Sarahh

by Kathitownz

by Hanazana

by Goldi

By Irina

15 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow, beautiful Photo's and Layouts.
Love the tutorial, thank you very much :)

Also love the beautiful elf hats, the are so wonderful.

lena said...

Very beautiful photos!!! Thank you very much for a lesson!

Tara said...

Wow JJ everything on this post is breath taking and those hats are just simply adorable! WOW! Awesome tutorial and beautiful idea for an alternative Christmas tree too. LOVE IT ALL! Congrats to the winners too!
Hugs & Kisses,
Tara xoxo

LOFT said...

Adorable hats, very educational tutorial (thank you) and such wisdom about Christmas. Great blog post, I enjoyed it very much! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and talents with us. :)

Miranda Barten said...

Thank you so much for the tut..it is very useful! Really love the idea of the twig/alt.tree...and love all the whites you use....what a good post to start the day :)

Have a great day!

Sweetzz Cakes said...

Thank you for the Tutorial!!
And love the LO en pictures so beautiful!!

Love Chantal

Angie said...

Thanks so much for the TUT!!

toomama said...

Very beautiful foto. And fantastic pages of your team. Thank you very much for a lesson!

rags said...

This is an awesome tutorial but I'm going to have to come back and read it later as my head is in such a spin .... I was one of the lucky winners to your last comp! YAAAAAAAAAAY! Thank you Thank you Thank you - I am off to reside happily on cloud 9 :))

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Tutorials search engine today (look for timestamp: 24 Nov [LA 04:08pm, NY 07:08pm] - 25 Nov [UK 12:08am, OZ 11:08am] ).

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much!! Think I do it almost like you said, but add a little gaug. blur, but didn't know how to make the top fade, like in nature!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!
Now I better go clean my messy Thanksgiving prep kitchen!!! LOL!

Hugs!!!
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Love the hats! My niece is going to have a baby girl in early Feb...and even though have already given her a lot, what child wouldn't be even cuter in one of those hats!!! They're darling!!! Love the angels and Christmas decorations too! Finish the dishes and then I'll look at what I want!!! :)
Hugs,
Kath

LiNou29 said...

Hi Lily !!!

I am fan of your work since a long time ago ... Your kits are so marvellous !! I love all of them because they are UNIQUE !!!!
Moreover, your pictures "elf photo" and the others are FANTASTIC !!!!!
hugs

Linou

*Jill Brady* said...

Wow I cant believe that tutorial that is the fastest and easiest I have ever been shown thank you so much!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work and thank you so much for the freebie! Love your work....

Related Posts with Thumbnails