Sunday, February 22, 2009

tutorial

how to achieve this effect



for Photoshop cs2
Firs Use dust remover tool – neatimage
You can download it here
http://www.neatimage.com/download.html
it will make your photo softer

• brighten


1.Copy picture layer (Ctrl+J)
2. Change top Layer mode to screen + adjust opacity 50 – 80 %
3. Flatten your image (merge the layers)


• lab colors

1. go to top menu – IMGE – mode – change from RGB to lab color
2. Copy picture layer
3. Go to top menu – IMAGE – apply image
4. Channels change for “lab”
5. Blending – soft light opacity – adjust ;)
6. Flatten image
7. Go to top menu -IMAGE – mode change it back to RGB

• Desaturate

1. Copy picture layer (ctrl+J)
2. click Top layer go to top layer IMAGE- adjustment – hue saturation - lower saturation 50%
3. choose soft round eraser – opacity 50% and erase lot layer parts you want to be very colorful like cloths
4. lower the eraser opacity to 10 % and erase the parts of the face you want to stay color chicks, eyes, lips, hear
5. flatten image

• soften
1. Copy picture layer (ctrl+J)
2. Go to top menu filter – blur – Gaussian blur set it to 100
3. Lower top layer opacity 50%
4. Use soft eraser to erase parts you want to stay sharp
5. Unsharp mask – 75%;3,5; 5 ( you can adjust )
6. Flatten image

• Lab colors channel a

1. I liked to change the pink color so:
2. go to top menu – IMGE – mode – change from RGB to lab color
3. Copy picture layer
4. Go to top menu – IMAGE – apply image
5. Channels change for “a”
6. Blending – soft light opacity – adjust ;)
7. I eraser top layer where I wanted the colors to remain
8. Flatten image
9. Go to top menu -IMAGE – mode change it back to RGB
Save it ;)








7 comments:

micheleabelphoto said...

I discovered yesterday, that you are posting on both of your blogs. So I wanted to tell you again, Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Fabulous TuT, dear!! Thank you so much this will definately come in handy....I just love photo effects and will add this one to my collection! Hugsss, KimberlyRae

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much for sharing...I really don't have a clue at the moment as only just started digi scrapping and photoshopping so this is a HUUUUGE help! Thanks again x

Jud565 said...

Can't wait to try out the tutorial! You take some awesome portraits! Thanks for sharing the tip!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Anonymous said...

Very sad that I don't work with PS and PSE does not have the possibility to change to Lab-Mode ... But I will remind this tutorial if I can afford PS one time! It shows an awesome result!!

serena said...

Hi lily, I'm Serena from Italy..I can't explane how much i love your works; i tried to apply this amazing tutorial, but i couldn't understand the "soften part". I use cs3..i hardly found the gaussian blur in my menù..and about the mask -75%? This part is too difficult for me to understand (too short), i'm quite new in photo retouching..can you help me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails